Saturday, January 5, 2013

Focusing on Life - Week One

Sally over at The Studio Sublime has created a "photo a week" submission entitled Focusing on Life. Given I received a new DSLR camera for Christmas this year, I decided to join her and others and submit a photo a week chronicling the 52 weeks of the new year.
Focusing on Life - Week One: Self Portrait


This picture was taken while getting ready for my friend's wedding. It was one of those photos that I had no idea I'd taken until I was looking through all the wedding photos the next day, and it thoroughly surprised me. I chose this picture for my self portrait because it captured an enthusiasm for life I sometimes doubt. The photo also showcases a recent pair of earrings I made that you can see in technicolor here.

Let it Bead,
Marla



12 comments:

  1. I love your photo. You look like you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photo! such a beautiful smile and laugh you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo of you Marla, it brings a smile to my face. I can just feel how happy and joyful you are at that moment! Love the earrings and I went to the bridemaids post, i really love the bracelet. The beaded toggles are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this photo made me smile. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infectious yes! I smiled as soon as I saw that joy filled shot. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my self portrait. Your sweet comments replicated a similar smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu look great! What a lovely smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo. Often the best photos are the ones we didn't even know happened. They show the real you. Your smile is lovely, and so are those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super self portrait! Taking a candid picture of yourself is quite a trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the enthusiasm is very clear and a lovely photo, one can't help but smile when seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo! I can feel the joy of the moment and can't help but smile along with you!

    ReplyDelete