Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bead & Button Show Classes

Mark your calendars for May 29 through June 10...it's the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

Registration for classes has officially opened. If you haven't registered, head on over and make your selections

I'm so excited to be attending this year, as I've been wanting to go for years. I'm also excited that I was able to secure a seat in the following classes:


Light and Shadow: The Art of Photographing Jewelry

This class will hopefully help me get the most of my new DSLR camera and photographing my jewelry for my blog and Etsy shop.


Pinwheel Woven Pendant

So excited at the thought of basket weaving with metal wire. Even better, I can incorporate my beads into the design.


Introduction to PMC

Really excited to learn how to use PMC. I was torn between a three day intensive class and a three hour intensive class. I was afraid the three day would be too much and the three hours not enough, so I went with the middle of the road and hopefully will learn enough in this one day intensive PMC class.


Twisted Delight

I've been trying to teach myself the double spiral rope stitch for years. I love the single spiral rope and the double spiral rope will just take it to a whole other level. Excited to get some professional instruction on this stitch so I can finally master it.


Resin A-Z

I'm starting to step out of my beading box this year as I try to incorporate different components and findings into my work. My affiliation with the 2013 Nunn Design Innovation Team has really helped me do that and I'm excited to learn how to use resin properly so I can start incorporating it into my jewelry.


Encore with Sherry Serafini: Embroidered and Embellished - A Coin Purse

This is probably the class I'm most excited for. I've beaded with Sherry Serfini before at a 2011 bead retreat and she is just awesome. Because of her, I'm addicted to bead embroidery and I love the idea of incorporating the beaded technique with a favorite accessory of mine: the purse!

See you at the show in June!

Let it Bead,
Marla

~~

Are you going to the Bead & Button Show this year? What classes are you taking?


No comments:

Post a Comment