Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blushing Bridesmaids

My friend got married the weekend before Christmas and I was one of her bridesmaids. I was so excited to be a part of her special day and the wedding was lovely. It was the perfect precursor to Christmas--with the hustle and bustle of getting ready, the snowflakes flurrying through the sky as we made our way into the mansion where the ceremony and reception were to be held, and the warmth and beauty of the charming Christmas decor at every turn.

My gift to the bride was making her wedding jewelry and the jewelry for the three bridesmaids. For the bridesmaids, I made each a bracelet and pair of earrings.

seed beaded bracelets and earrings

seed beaded bracelets and earrings

I made beaded bracelets adapted from Csilla Csirmaz's Petite Pearls Toggle bracelets originally published in Beadwork magazine.

beaded clasp bracelet

I choose dark raspberry pearls and satin ruby Swarovski crystals to match the wine colored fabric of our dresses. Since our shoes were silver, sterling beads and findings accented the bracelets and earrings.


seed beaded clasp and braceletseed beaded clasp and bracelet


One truly blushing bridesmaid!

seed beaded bracelet and earrings



seed beaded clasp and bracelet


Let it Bead,
Marla


No comments:

Post a Comment