Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dancing Around the Christmas Tree

When my tree finally gets put up, sometimes it stays up for a few weeks days after Christmas. Since I know that will be the case despite my best intentions, I decorate my tree with ornaments that match the interior colors of my living room. The typical red and green holiday motif would make me feel guilty past December 25, but a palette that blends with my decor makes me feel just a little better when I'm still staring at my tree in the middle of January.




 

Let it Bead,

Marla

~~

What kind of Christmas tree do you put up each year?

I grew up with a traditional Christmas tree and my parents still put up their traditional tree each year. I love being a part of decorating their tree because the ornaments in their collection signify important moments and memories of people, places and events in our lives. They still hang up ornaments commemorating their first Christmas together (they had a Christmastime wedding), ornaments my brother and I made in Art class during elementary school and ornaments from their Christmas tree as children.



No comments:

Post a Comment