Friday, October 19, 2012

Musings from a Bead Artist

"The ancient art of beadweaving is spiritual and invigorating.

One by one, each bead is interconnected, spanning time and space.

The beads sing and I listen to their harmonies.

Rhythms pulse. The pulse becomes a heartbeat.

The beads spring to life.

Together we push boundaries, explore new horizons and dance."

Sheila Fernekes
Jewelry artist & designer 
www.sheilafernekesdesign.com   

~~
What does beadweaving or jewelry creating mean to you?
For me the process of interweaving loose beads with a needle and thread into a finished piece of jewelry has always been magical. Being able to create a concrete object inspired by my imagination confirms the individual creative spirit within me. I define the lengthy and repetitive nature of my work to be meditative and it allows my thoughts--both conscious and subconscious--to influence all my finished pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment