Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Purple Haze

This past weekend I attended a beautiful Labor Day wedding. The color of my dress was a hazy shade of purple, and while I didn't know it at the time I purchased the gown, I was already in possession of the perfect accompanying accessory:

Crystal and pearl bead embroidered necklace

A beaded necklace I made a few years ago.

When I first had the idea to make this necklace, I began gathering my supplies in shades of purple and gray. A lot of my beaded jewelry tends to incorporate that color combination. As this particular piece was coming together, I worried the color palette of smoky purples, iridescent grays and shimmering irises was being portrayed as too "dark and stormy." Even as I made my last stitch and cut my final thread, I still had my doubts. However, when I paired the necklace with my Suzi Chin dress, I saw the accessory in a brand new light. The precious seed beads, sparkling crystals and glimmering pearls were anything but "dark and stormy" and provided the perfect addition for the "light and cheery" wedding celebration I attended.


Another perfect wedding guest accessory: Nina Forbes heals in steel!


Have you ever witnessed the transformation of an accessory when paired with the perfect outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment