Friday, September 28, 2012

Makin' Waves

Almost a year ago I attended a beading retreat led by my favorite bead artist, Sherry Serafini. One of the beaded projects we worked on during the retreat was her Rockin' Wavy Cuff.

bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff

I wasn't able to finish the cuff during the retreat because I was too busy admiring Sherry's stunning bead creations. Plus, I still have to work on my bpm (beading per minute)!

After seeing my unfinished cuff (and 20 lbs of supplies that accompanied it) on my work station for more months then I care to admit, I finally finished it:


bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuffbead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff

bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff
bead embroidered rockin' wavy cuff

Rock on!

~

When beading a project do you like to use a pre-made kit or do you like to use your own supplies?

I love using my own supplies when making a bead project. Mostly because I have so many supplies to begin with, so it's hard to justify buying a kit, but also because I love getting creative ideas from my own secret stash of beads galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment