Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I hope everyone is safe and well and survived the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. 
My thoughts and prayers are with those who lost their homes and belongings. I know there are still people out there without power and electricity and we're all noticing the impact it has on our lives.

In addition to the normal emergency supplies I had on hand for Hurricane Sandy--flashlights, non-perishable food, a deck of cards--I also had another special supply in case I was inspired to bead while the power was out:

 

A Mammut headlight!

The power was out, however, I was not inspired to bead. I played Rummy 500 with my Dad and kept my puppy calm instead. It was a restful and reflective time. It forced us all to stop what we were doing and be thankful for what we had, however little it was before, during and after the storm.

The Mammut headlight comes in handy during normal weather conditions, too. It's a helpful tool that allows you to bead if you're watching a movie with others and they request you turn the lights down. It enables you to bead in a car or airplane at night when natural and artificial light are limited. It is even helpful if you just require additional light enhancement while working on a complicated project or one with very small beads.

I like the Mammut headlight because I can adjust the intensity of the light and tilt it to my desired level, but really any headlight will do!

Let it bead,

Marla



No comments:

Post a Comment