Thursday, November 29, 2012

Eye of the Tiger ~ Part 2

My family and I celebrated my grandmother's birthday over Halloween. My gift to her was a handmade beaded necklace with Tiger Eye beads, seed beads and Thunder Polish crystal bicones using the Zulu Flowerette stitch.


To compliment her necklace, I made matching clip-on earrings to give to her at Christmas.


I used large Tiger Eye beads, caramel colored crystal rondelles, bronze seed beads, gold plated clip-on earring backs, Fireline thread, sharp needle, Lacy's Stiff Stuff, E6000 adhesive, nipper tools and scissors to make the earrings.



I began by cutting a piece of Lacy's Stiff Stuff to the size of the Tiger Eye bead. I threaded a needle with Fireline, tied off the end, and ran it through the Lacy's Stiff Stuff and Tiger Eye Bead.



Then I threaded a caramel crystal rondelle and a bronze seed bead on the Fireline. Skipping the seed bead, I ran the needle back through the rondelle, Tiger Eye bead and Lacy's Stiff Stuff. I reinforced my thread path three times and then tied off the thread on the Lacy's Stiff Stuff to secure it.


The clip-on earring components I used had hooks and loops that I would not use for this particular design, so I used a nipper tool to remove them.


Then I applied E6000 adhesive to the clip-on earring component and adhered the side of the Tiger Eye bead with the Lacy's Stiff Stuff. I repeated the same process for the second earring.


I let the earrings set for 24 hours so the glue could dry completely.



The final product was a quick and easy-to-make Eye of the Tiger earring set that beautifully compliments the original necklace.




~~

Do you like to wear matching jewelry sets?

My grandmother loves to match her jewelry pieces, which is why I know she'll love these earrings to wear with her necklace. I like to mix and match pieces, so they don't have to match exactly, but they do have to coordinate in color and style.



No comments:

Post a Comment