Saturday, October 15, 2011

Arts & Crafts

I was one of those creative kids who had to have their hands in everything arts & crafts. I was the poster child for ACMoore because that's where I spent most of my money as a youngster. You name the craft, I tried it, invested a fortune in the materials and did it hardcore for about a month or two, give or take. Some hobbies came and went--like scrapbooking and rubber stamping--and some hobbies I've stuck with--like painting, and obviously, BEADING.

My beaded bangles, circa 2000.

Over the years I've learned new bead weaving techniques through bead classes, books, magazines and trial and error. I love combining stitches and patterns to create new and unique pieces. This art and craft has definitely stuck!

My bead embroidered cuff, circa 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment